Sunday, February 22, 2009

Peace and reconciliation......

Tonight....as every night.....my crew talked about the whole Carmel suicide routine..... that I have been avoiding as too huge to contemplate.

They are really upset, but I get the sense that the younger staff are seeing an opening and are trying to claw back some meaning from some really bad things that happened to them and their friends in the whole Carmel School Days Experience.

They loaded on to the topic more things that even I could have imagined.....and I have observed some really twisted stuff. I guess I have to stop working and write a book.

Just recently:

Carmel Valley High teacher fired in the wake of......well, you know.

(Picture what must have gone down for CUSD to fire a tenured teacher. They didn't even fire married teachers and counselors who students watched having sex on a daily basis......)

Our most beloved local physician enmired with the Feds.....because maybe his patients traded meds with other patients.....

One of the victims trading out his meds for the meds he thought he needed (kids are good with the internet, you know.....)to friends who traded him placebos for more fun stuff....

And the kid winds up under a bridge with a gun.....and no sense of a solution.

And all of this confided in CUSD staff........

Please correct me if I am wrong.....

For the foreseeable future we are dropping names and going with nicknames on this blog......

Stay tuned on that deal........The kids are finally starting to talk.

And......kids (our hostess tonight referred to one of the guests as a "kid".....Her "kid's" dad wrote "Taipan" and "Shogun" a million years ago.....and his "kid" is now at least 50.

When I say "kid"....I mean anyone who graduated from high school in the 90's or later.....

The kids are starting to talk......and I have heard horror stories.

The educational culture in Carmel is such that the administrators determine the external reality. I am sure that there is a large disconnect with administrative reality and student reality in all educational settings......

Maybe Carmel is normal.....All kids bitch about teachers and administrators.....

If so, no one should mind if I pass on stories from the kid-side of the equation.......

I understand the power of rumor and gossip...and it's often complete lack of veracity.

See what you think....

Take it all with a grain of salt......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home