Sunday, June 08, 2008

Ansel.....



We got to work at Ansel Adams' house last week, for the first time in probably fifteen years.

His son Michael has remodeled a bit. I was afraid the character of the place might have changed.....but no worries. The big gong was still over the fireplace.....the cutting table was still in the living room. The Steinway was gone.....very sad. The workshop/darkroom was completely unchanged, however.

I was stressed to not find my favorite artifact in Ansel's domain, though. I looked all around the remodeled kitchen to no avail. I finally gave up and asked Michael.

There in a recessed nook......was my old friend. Everyone has seen Ansel's photography. This little thing tells you all you need to know about the private guy.....That is a twinkle you see in Ansel's eye in Jim Alinder's 1984 photo above.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home